0 balance in dero wallet and no available history

I have opened a stargate dero wallet using seed phrase and password. it comes up, says I am online but 0 balance. I can’t get to the TX history, it is blank! I read other comments saying I need to sync. How do I do this? I know I am not the first to ask this question but I cant find a suitable answer and I am worried I have been potentially wiped out.

Same issue. You have to go into settings and rescan and keep your computer on, it’ll take some time. Mine came back with 0 balance

i go into settings and the only option to scan is Rescan Blockchain from start topoheight. when I click this it comes up with a little flag saying success. not sure what this means! but still 0 balance.

if yours came back with a 0 balance, does that mean somebody stole your dero?

I don’t know, I was in my wallet 3 weeks ago, before they changed wallets and my balance was there. I went back yesterday and I’m seeing that many people are having similar issues showing no balance. I’m praying that this is a glitch

ya i looked a week ago and i had my dero there, now it is gone. is there anybody we can speak to at Dero?

Not sure, everything says to post here. Seems like some people have had success doing what we tried, others not so much. Same on reddit as well

1. If looking for atlantis coins (acquired from Kucoin, or pre-February 26th and you haven’t swapped yet), use https://walletatlantis.dero.io , or acquire the CLI from GitHub - deroproject/derosuite: DERO: Secure, Anonymous Blockchain with Smart Contracts. Subscribe to Dero announcements by sending mail to lists@dero.io with subject: subscribe announcements
  2. If looking for stargate coins (post-February 26th or acquired from TradeOgre), use https://wallet.dero.io.

If you are doing the above properly, be sure to first Ctrl+F5 or fully clear browser cache and use firefox (best WASM support).

Start out with restoring from seed, or if you do not have a seed then provision a new wallet and hit ‘register now’ to allow it to register on the chain, this process can take some time.

Atlantis:
After restoring your wallet, you will need to re-sync via settings → rescan from start topoheight where you either enter 0 (to scan the full chain, this will take the longest but ensure all tx are covered), or the start topoheight which is nearest your transaction (can be referenced via https://exploreratlantis.dero.io).

Stargate:
After restoring your wallet, you will see the heights on the left side be synced (numbers the same) if you have a registered wallet. If your wallet is not registered, you’ll see 0/ and you must register the wallet. You can perform rescans, however usually not necessary on stargate.

i am not sure i am scanning correctly. it says ‘success’. not sure if this means it has scanned or is now scanning. but if it has been scanning i still have 0 balance. who can I turn to help me? is telegram any good? or discord? never used reddit.

If rescanning via Atlantis, see my post above for distinction between the two. You should see the heights increasing and must wait for that to complete.

How would i know which? All of my coins were purchased before feb 26, but all were on Trade Ogre. My atlantis wallet has synced and shows 0 balance, but the wallet.dero.io is parked at 0/161825 and has not moved

All going to depend what you withdrew the coins to and when from tradeogre. Did you withdraw them to an atlantis wallet or a stargate wallet. If you see stargate at 0/161825, then it isn’t a registered wallet. If all you did was use the same seed as your atlantis wallet to restore on wallet.dero.io (stargate), then that doesn’t mean your wallet is the same.

Check back in history, know where you sent the coins from TradeOgre and when. Verify with them to which wallet it was sent and the txid etc. Check txids on https://exploreratlantis.dero.io (if atlantis) and https://explorer.dero.io (if stargate). But by the looks of it, you do not have a stargate wallet at all that is registered and most likely atlantis.

Just looked about in history of chat, and see that TradeOgre appears to have adopted Stargate on 3/3/22 I believe. So if your tx was before that, then atlantis. After that, then would be stargate most likely (but you’d 100% have to confirm with the exchange or explorers for where the txid resides).

So let’s assume stargate, and the wallet addresses match that you restored etc. Be sure that you rescan from start topoheight that is BEFORE the txid that you were sent from tradeogre (or any txs you had prior to that), you can use 0 as a default but will take a couple of hours to fully sync.

Also if you wipe cache on browsers etc., you’ll need to restore from seed and re-scan as all actions are client-side.

1 Like

First of, thanks. Second, all of my transactions from TO were from 7/21-10/21. TO confirmed it is an atlantis wallet

With that said, I have already opened the Atlantis wallet from seed, re-scanned from 0 and I am still showing a 0 balance…

i purchased my dero way before it changed over to stargate. I very much appreciate your detailed response, but being somewhat of a knuckle dragger when it comes to IT, i want to know if it is at all possible to simplify to that level.

Just looked about in history of chat, and see that TradeOgre appears to have adopted Stargate on 3/3/22 I believe. So if your tx was before that, then atlantis. After that, then would be stargate most likely (but you’d 100% have to confirm with the exchange or explorers for where the txid resides). SO IF I GO TO MY OLD WALLET, I PRESUME MY TX HISTORY WOULD BE THERE?

So let’s assume stargate, and the wallet addresses match that you restored etc. Be sure that you rescan from start topoheight that is BEFORE the txid that you were sent from tradeogre (or any txs you had prior to that), you can use 0 as a default but will take a couple of hours to fully sync. OK, I WAS DEFINITELY ATLANTIS SO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO RESCAN FROM START TOPOHEIGHT BEFORE THE TXD? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY USE 0 AS A DEFAULT?

Also if you wipe cache on browsers etc., you’ll need to restore from seed and re-scan as all actions are client-side. I’LL HA VE TO GOOGLE HOW TO WIPE CACHE OFF BROWER, COS EVEN THAT I HAVE NEVER DONE. ONCE DONE, I’LL RESTORE. TO DO THIS, DO I OPEN MY OLD ATLANTAS WALLET TO RESCAN OR A STARGATE WALLET?

Cheryl

i just find this all so outrageous, that dero changes over to stargate and the IT-useless are left in a situation where they can’t access their dero and face significant stress. It’s cruel!!

1 Like

Try: Browser Wallet User Guide — DERO Documentation documentation

The numbers of the chain height should change to 0/top height where 0 is increasing. Leave browser open during this period. If you must close it, hit the log out button and as long as cache isn’t cleared then it’ll be there to use again.

Same here, they chabged something on their end, Ilost my balance and now there’s no real support.

Nothing changed other than the uri. If it doesn’t work for you, use the CLI wallet for core tools: Releases · deroproject/derosuite · GitHub

Plenty of guides about. Launch wallet with --remote and use options to restore from seed and let it scan.

I think this is a little over my head, I used me seed to recover my wallet. I am reading what you sent but I still do not get why I need to use CLI?

Not need to, just an alternate option if you’re having other issues.