CLI wallet for windows wont register. noobie

there is another post about this but i really dont follow the steps that have been provided. ive tried many time but my wallet wont register. im on windows and 1) have downloaded the latest release. 2) tried to work out how to set up and run DERO Node and wait for sync. but got basically no where it seems any commands i tried to replicated where not recognised.
thats about as far as i have gotten to crack the case. im obviously a bit of a noob cause other people have been able to make it work but i dont have a massive back ground with computer stuff. i want the CLI wallet cause i guess its the safest. could i be wrong? would it be better to choose another wallet? i just kind of want the dero to be on my computar as opposed to the internet.

Hi. I’m in exactly the same boat. My post is further down. " … Living Nightmare - Help me". I cannot follow the "how to videos’ as instructor moves so quickly on keyboard. We both need minute step by step instructions including how to properly download, unzip, execute files, etc. Hopefully someone will come to our rescue.

Paste some screenshots/errors/steps you have done so that we can help you.

I’ve tried so many times and so many days to register wallet and, like issues by others on the support site, I also keep getting the same result after waiting 4 hrs or 3 hrs (instead of few seconds or couple of minutes): “Registration TXID 000000f3b9aa84610298702422bcc81833ae02a1d71a3f355e6095e74f5d5d0b
sending registration tx err offline or not connected. cannot send transaction.”
So frustrating. So annoying. Why is DERO wallet so terribly complicated and impossible to make it work?? Trying other solutions offered in responses from other similar problem do not help either. Here’s a screenshot:

On https://wallet.dero.io/ it says “Wallet is now online”. Blockchain Height : 0/735103
Why can’t I just register my wallet on the site? There’s a “REGISTER” button on top of Send/Receive/TX History, yet when I click it, and also click “Register Now.”, nothing happens!

I’ve been on this for several days. I’ve given up trying w/o any result! Please give me something that works.

i did it a long time ago so im not sure excatly how i remember it. but i was having alot of trouble till i realised you needed to first load the node or something. which is kind of like the block chain. i could be wrong but i think from memory in the folder there was the cli wallet, the derod, and the dero miner thingo. the “derod” is what i wasnt opening and you needed to open and run that until it synched fully. theres a good youtuber called 'RBM Crypto" that has a tutorial on it.
hope this helps

ha! didnt even notice this was my own thread

Suggest you try GUI wallet,

GitHub - DEROFDN/Engram: A smart wallet built on DERO its nice, easy and secure.

All I get when I try to go through remote node is this:
Registration TXID 00000024fd698799d91530727d617ebe1a9fa6d2b712fef6e6a23845462a5c07

sending registration tx err offline or not connected. cannot send transaction.

Try to specify the remote node specifically instead of just --remote as that node currently is inaccessible:

--daemon-address=node.derofoundation.org:11012
1 Like

Thank you for the help! I noticed this on another post just before yours here. :slight_smile: solved the issue.