Dero Balance Disappeared

As it pertains to the Atlantis wallet, can you share the tx history, you can see the button there on the left hand screen. It should tell us if you have had DERO sent to this wallet. If push comes to shove, you will need to check which wallet you pointed your DERO at when they left the exchange.

When you register on the web wallet on stargate, You open the register tab on the left hand side of the screen and then right after that you click the button in the middle of the screen that says register. Leave your computer on with this tab open for like 12 hours. Your CPU is working for the network until it has earned its registration tx.

Hello Dero2022 & Pretty Nice, stick in and we’ll hopefully all get this sorted !

snb - a quick update on what’s happening here :-

I’ve deleted the 2nd Atlantis wallet I created yesterday - it’s clearly not doing anything.

My original Atlantis wallet is currently synching - I’ll report status of that when it’s finished.

Stargate wallet - I’ve clicked ‘Register’ (both of them) and nothing seems to be happening, other than the Register button getting a blue border to suggest it’s been pressed.
Do you know if something more should have happened here, or is this as expected ?

Cheers,
ZF.

1 Like

It takes like 12hours for the web wallet to register.
Visually, registration is a little lack luster.

User clicks button
User doesn’t see banner
12 hours later
Wallet spits out registration txid

Keep us up to date on your journey.

Thanks snb - I’ll leave Stargate open until hopefully reg. completes.

Good News !
My enormous Dero balance is back (in Atlantis).
I got a bit ahead of myself initially, upon seeing the wallets had changed over.
It was as simple as waiting for the synch to catch up to the transaction.

This might be the answer for you ‘Pretty Nice’ - wait for wallet to fully synch.
Dero2022 - yours looks synched. Have to take it one step at a time dude, stick in.

If I have issues with registration or the dreaded ‘swap’, I’ll report back here, if that’s ok.
Assuming everything goes as planned, I’ll report mission complete also.

Salute all !
ZF.

2 Likes

Nothing to worry, we will get all this sorted.

2 Likes

Yea that was my issue. Now i see i have over 6 dero. So how to get them into the stargate wallet? I just send it to tradeogre and then back to a stargate wallet? Do I have to do this or is it okay to keep it in Atlantis? Also, what is the benefit of locking my funds? Is that how you earn passive income on it? How do I even lock the funds? Thanks!

1 Like

Glad to hear your coins are back, pretty nice !

I’m expecting it’s a simple matter of sending them form Atlantis to TrOg - then back from TrOg to Stargate.
I’m just not sure if it’s instant or if you have to leave it on Ogre for any time ?
I suspect you won’t have to wait, but I’ve not quite reached that bridge yet…

Before you attempt to swap them out - make sure your new Stargate wallet is ‘Registered’.
I’m still waiting for my Stargate wallet to ‘Register’, so I can’t exchange until that’s fully functional.
If it doesn’t register today, I’ll have to try the CLI method.

Not sure about locked / unlocked funds re. Dero - hopefully someone will be along to answer that for you !

ZF.

1 Like

locked/unlocked funds is a part of the atlantis scheme, or UTXO.

Stagate is an account model, and so funds are instantly available.

The swap takes a minimum of 100 confirmations
And larger deposits can take longer.

1 Like

And you must swap. Atlantis goes back into the ocean in a about two months.

1 Like

Thanks snb - just the info we were after !

I’m still waiting for registration to happen.
It’s had more than 12hrs - but there was a break in connection, so if it has to be continuous…
I’ll give it a few more hours, then I’ll try via CLI if it’s still not registered.

Take it easy,
ZF.

Uninterrupted. CLI is best.

1 Like

Interesting. I got the funds onto TradeOgre. Now I have to make a new Stargate wallet. I’m a little worried about what would have happened had I not changed to the Stargate wallet. How would I have gotten to get my funds if it was too late?

:person_shrugging: that is a problem for @DEVELOPER and I am sure that in a couple of months we’ll start having those conversations.

If it was too late prettynice, I guess it would have been too late !
But relax - we’re ok.
I take your point though - I was going to ask at some point if there’s an email notification service for such important news ?
I don’t do much social media.

Have you managed to get you new wallet registered ?

ZF.

oh i tried registering it but maybe it doesn’t work with the brave browsser

I’m not sure about your browser, but it didn’t work using Firefox here either.
Didn’t get time today, hopefully tmrw I’ll try installing the CLI wallet. I think reg. will be a lot simpler there !
Wll let you know how it goes - but you may have to do this also…

Cheers !
ZF.

Ok - I’m predictably having issues with CLI.
I’ve little experience of using it.

Currently I have my Atlantis wallet synched with balance, and my Stargate one un-registered.

I’ve downloaded 2 different ‘cli’ zip files both called ‘dero_windows_amd64’.
The 1st was 57mB, the 2nd 32mB. My guess is the former is Atlantis, the latter Stargate ?
I’ve tried opening my Stargate wallet via the 2nd file - but haven’t been able to yet.
(I have been trying to follow the guides I’ve found).

So, starting at the beginning - what’s the relationship between my web-wallet and cli wallet, if any ?
What’s my initial objective : create new cli wallet ; recover wallet via cli ; something else ?

I’ve also noticed I can access via opening CLI, or by clicking the wallet application file.
Is there any difference ?

Sorry this is basic stuff, but I need to try and get this done.
Good learning experience too.

Many Thanks,
ZF.

Hey I don’t know if I can install that wallet. I have an apple computer. I’ll just try a different browser…
On another note, I have an idea for a new coin that has nothing to do with Dero, but I’m not a coder and don’t know how to go about starting it. Do you know who I could talk to?

Okay.

The seed phrase is the key, web & cli are the doors.

You are trying to launch atlantis
Then you are sending the funds
Which will be converted to stargate DERO

Organize

Create a folder for atlantis
Create a folder for stargate
Download atlantis and put in folder
Extract atlantis
Download stargate and put in its folder
Extract stargate

Swap

Launch atlantis --remote
Send funds to tradeogre.com (easy mode)
Or, send to official swap (hard mode)
Launch stargate --remote
Register wallet

Questions so far?

Start a new thread/topic. Or send me a pm.