How to mine DERO with Ubuntu

ha, I may have spoken too soon!

How do I actually know, if I have been accepted into the pool, if that is the right phrase to use.

On my terminal I have;

Using JSON-RPC2.0
Starting stratum on POOLNAME
3 miner threads started, using cryptonight

stratum detected new block
stratum detected new block

and many more ‘stratum detected new block’

very sorry for the noob questions but am I all good here, am I mining in the pool?

Thanks Serena

DEROMAN

The first time you start your xmr-stak miner you have to close it afterwards. What it’s doing the first time is creating the config files for you to edit and some other relevant data.

Hi Serena! So I was using this multicpu-miner but installed the xmr-stak instead

It prompted me to change the config file which I did. I set the pool address to the right one and put my wallet address in.

I then run ./xmr-stak

is it now where I need to close it and run it again?

I have done that, and I seem to be connected to the pool.

I press c and it gives me connection info, and if I press H it gives me my hashrate I think, or maybe just the hashrate of the pool.

thanks for this help, really do appreciate it, I think I am really close to have this working

DEROMAN

Hi deroman,

Sorry for my delayed response, I had to step away briefly.

If when you press C it shows your connection info including the pool, good shares, latency, and other good stuff then you are connected!

Using H will show your hashrate on your side. When you check the pool it’s just checking the number of shares you’ve sent and dividing it by the time you spent connected to give you an estimated hashrate.

I can’t recommend a specific cpu configuration, but you may be able to go online to get a little more hashing power out of your specific setup.

I’m really glad to hear that you got it up and running, congratulations!!

Regards,
Serena

(Keep following up as needed)

Hi Serena,

no problem I had to go to sleep anyway.

I left it on over night and it seems to be working…

when I press ‘c’ I get;

Pool address
Connected since
pool ping time

Is this correct?

Also, how do I check the balance of my wallet? Do i use the view only wallet key, but where do I put that key?

Thanks so much for your help

DEROMAN

Hi deroman,

It sounds like it’s working to me :slight_smile:

If you check out this guide it will tell you how to check your balance near the bottom. You will need to sync your daemon before loading your wallet. I’ll still be up for a couple hours at least so if you need any assistance just let me know!

Regards,
Serena

Thanks Serena,

I’m just in work now so can’t actually do anything until later myself.

I am a bit worried as when I opened the wallet, I don’t think I synced it to the blockchain as I don’t think I ran derod.

Does this mean my wallet is invalid, and the address i’ve been mining to is also invalid?

Anyway, not important now as I have to wait to finish work and i’m sure you need to sleep.

Speak soon

DEROMAN

Hello deroman,

I live on the West Coast of Canada so it’s still pretty early here but when I’m fully functional I will look into this with you on your schedule. No pressure, I’m here whenever you’re ready!

Regards,
Serena

No Problem Serena!

I’ll give you a shout in a couple of hours, from the West Coast of England!

DEROMAN

Hi Serena,

So I have checked on my miner and everything still seems to be running fine, if I enter c, it still says connected etc

Now I created my wallet on my other laptop, which runs windows.

So I ran derod, then I opened the wallet. I entered my 25 word seed and then entered balance but I didn’t see anything?

There is a green number and a yellow number but they are both zero in the format;

000000000 : 00000000000

So I am not sure if that is saying my balance is zero? or is that something else?

Thanks for your help

DEROMAN

So I went onto the pool website and inserted my address and got the following

So I guess everything is working?

Hi deroman,

Sorry for my delayed response, I’ve been making excellent progress on a few Dero related projects and the time got away from me.

You’re up and mining successfully! When your balance reaches 2.0 Dero you will receive a transfer directly to your wallet. After the pool transfers the balance it will be fully unlocked in your wallet after 10 blocks.

Regards,
Serena

Thanks for your help Serena, just a shame about my hash rate :rofl:

Hello deroman,

I use xmrig you can have a look if , that is also a very nice software with windows support…

1 Like

Hey Serena,

i want to CPU mine Dero
over a Ubuntu VPS Server.
Are anywhere instructions for that ?
tks

There are no instructions for that at the moment, and with the switch to Atlantis coming up right away we will have to put our new instructions. It should be very simple to accomplish through the menu based CLI though

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
then I’ll have to be patience XD.
I would like to buy on the exchange, but the offer is too low.
Is there information when Dero will listed on larger exchanges?

We do not share information about exchange listings until we’re ready to announce something

1 Like

okay thanks,
im sure you know what youre doing.

Hi all,

Can someone be so kind and have a look at this screenshot and tell me if I am all set up or am I missing something?

Do I need to register something on my end or just wait 15 minutes?

Appreciate any help