How to restore a Dero wallet from your seed/keys

Hello, this portion of the post is intended to be a guide for restoring your golang wallet from seed/keys.

1. Please make sure you’re using the latest version of Dero’s software (currently found here: https://github.com/deroproject/derosuite/releases)

2. Synchronize your daemon 100%

3. Open your wallet and use option 3 (seed) or 4 (keys) to restore your wallet

4. Allow it time to scan the blockchain and if your balance appears incorrect type/use the “balance” command in the terminal

Hello, this is intended to be a basic guide to restoring your wallet from the OLD command line interface (CLI).

Step.1 Find your 25 word mnemonic seed that you saved when creating your wallet.

Step.2 Figure out which drive & directory (folder) that you saved the Dero folder to (specifically “Dero-Wallet-Cli”)

Step.3 Open a command prompt window and navigate to the directory that contains “Dero-Wallet-Cli” . (A example would be “c:\dero” if you put the folder directly onto the c drive directory.)

Step.4 In the command prompt type ./dero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet. (Working example: c:\dero./dero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet)

Step.5 Enter your 25 word mnemonic seed

Step.6 Enter your new wallet name, password, and language when prompted.

Step 7. You will see the following text : “Restore from specific blockchain height (optional, default 0),
or alternatively from specific date (YYYY-MM-DD):” . If you do not require or do not know the specific block height or date, just press enter which will select the “default” option

Congratulations, by this point you should have restored your wallet!

FAQ: COMING SOON

3 Likes

in the first purse there is no name and password, and in the second one there is no possibility to recover from my backup seed/

Hello florov,

At a cursory glance, it appears that you may be running derosuite. Can you try downloading from here (https://github.com/deroproject/dero/releases/download/v0.11.6/dero_v6_windows_amd64.zip) to get the most up to date version for windows?

If you require any type of assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out

Tried on linux ubuntu 16.04 and working! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,
i was able to open my wallet with derosuite, but with the last v6 version i keep getting this error
Error: Electrum-style word list failed verification dero

I can open the wallet normally in the old version but no sync in the daemon, and i can sync the daemon in the new version but cant open my wallet.
Can you help me?
Best regards!

Hello weekend06,

Can you please make sure you download the latest version of the original daemon here (https://github.com/deroproject/dero/releases)

You need to make sure the daemon is synced before you’re able to use the wallet so if possible lets make sure that you’ve gone over the following steps

Please make sure your p2pstate.bin file and imbd folder are deleted (if they are there) from the programdata folder or the appropriate directory in linux. After that please restart your computer (important if you’ve used Derosuite) and download the v6 version from the link above and open derod with no extra commands like exclusive or priority nodes.

After the daemon appears to be synced you can check it with the “status” command and it should say 100.0%.

ok, i´ll start over again.
I´ll update you later.
Thanks and best regards!

Thank you weekend06, I hope it all goes well and please feel free to follow up as much as is needed with any Dero related questions you may have.

Regards,
Serena

Hi,
Finished updating dero blockchain. Status says 100%
I try to open wallet Error: Electrum-style word list failed verification with the same exact passfrase i am able to open on the old suite.

Can you try entering the first 4 letters of each word manually?

If you have the keys we can generate a wallet from those as well

Hi if i do that i get this message
Electrum seed continued:

Thanks fot your suppor!
Best regards

PS - I also have the keys

Hi i managed to recover the wallet with the keys.
Thanks for your help!

In the old version of the wallet, there was no name, only a control phrase. And I created a purse on which coins are placed. How can I take them from there?

Once you’ve restored your wallet (you may name it anything you wish) you are asked to use or create a filename. At that time, you’re able to enter anything.

If you need to transfer or have any questions about transfers please see this guide (A comprehensive Dero transfer guide & FAQ)

I entered the name, I synchronized the wallet, but the address is not mine and the balance is 0.
On an old purse dERoZxzAEbRSYjxRbYYdXhA3xHdeaTSfbj1sgcEL4pWTEBvP1HRRHw4hasaHimP7WpcgdZMGsC2BxNWdx9ddWkKT2ZatyL9WDG I have a balance of 70 coins, how to get them?

when creating a wallet, I get a wallet - dERod2ufhLPCB6Ez5DBZLjKXLGfzUC75LCxT5TAgP26HGQ5LFrKAKLG3p3WhMmvFWCKK3gEakb9vbGZPgDmP9XgP14MSJ9PRnP, how to combine them

I entered the name, I synchronized the wallet, but the address is not mine and the balance is 0.
On an old purse dERoZxzAEbRSYjxRbYYdXhA3xHdeaTSfbj1sgcEL4pWTEBvP1HRRHw4hasaHimP7WpcgdZMGsC2BxNWdx9ddWkKT2ZatyL9WDG I have a balance of 70 coins, how to get them?

when creating a wallet, I get a wallet - dERod2ufhLPCB6Ez5DBZLjKXLGfzUC75LCxT5TAgP26HGQ5LFrKAKLG3p3WhMmvFWCKK3gEakb9vbGZPgDmP9XgP14MSJ9PRnP, how to combine them

Step.1 Find your 25 word mnemonic seed that you saved when creating your wallet.

Step.2 Figure out which drive & directory (folder) that you saved the Dero folder to (specifically “Dero-Wallet-Cli”)

Step.3 Open a command prompt window and navigate to the directory that contains “Dero-Wallet-Cli” . (A example would be “c:\dero” if you put the folder directly onto the c drive directory.)

Step.4 In the command prompt type ./dero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet. (Working example: c:\dero./dero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet)

Step.5 Enter your 25 word mnemonic seed

Step.6 Enter your new wallet name, password, and language when prompted.

Step 7. You will see the following text : “Restore from specific blockchain height (optional, default 0),
or alternatively from specific date (YYYY-MM-DD):” . If you do not require or do not know the specific block height or date, just press enter which will select the “default” option

at the entrance to the purse, he asks for a name, seed he does not accept a purse from the past

last purse created me seed in Russian.
can this be the problem?

No wallet found with that name. Confirm creation of new wallet named:

imageimage.jpg1366x768 228 KB
at the entrance to the purse, he asks for a name, seed he does not accept a purse from the past

last purse created me seed in Russian.
can this be the problem?

No wallet found with that name. Confirm creation of new wallet named:

imageimage.jpg1366x768 256 KB

seed1seed2