KuCoin withdrawal "Complete", but transaction ID invalid and no funds received

Issue occurred on March 24th, supposedly at the same time that KuCoin wallet was down, however I did not know this and their UI allowed me to initiate a withdrawal. The withdrawal says complete, but the transaction ID they provided is invalid and no funds have been received at my wallet.

Details:
Wallet address (Atlantis, CLI): dERokhcjSz6Lwnhg3Mx9YX9DVEwrSAiVcBbK1n5GtPYkW2VRDemo6jcRfBX3FtvawYH6xUX8b7wrTHiU8hnRSqTw7Rsmvndqcx
Amount withdrawn: 172.9 DERO
Transaction Id provided: 78ba8e463456c8bf303d1e8620030b46871e4e6710d01631c6cbd819233250ab
Explorer link (no result): DERO Atlantis BlockChain Explorer(v1)

What I have done:
[x] verified that the wallet address is correct
[x] verified that the wallet is synced
[x] contacted KuCoin support multiple times. I have told them the transaction ID they gave me is invalid. I have asked them to provide a valid transaction ID proving that the transaction happened. They have stopped responding.

2 Likes

We will provide all support and guidance to solve this issue with Kucoin.

1 Like

I received another update from KuCoin. Below are their last two emails I received from their support:

Apr 7, 2022, 20:05 GMT+8

Dear Valued KuCoin User,

Thank you for reaching out to KuCoin customer support.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the late reply. Due to the large volume of inquiries lately, it took a little bit longer for us to reply to your email.

Our related technical team has checked and confirmed the withdrawal has been managed successfully.Please be advised to contact the support team from the receiving party to get further assistance on funds transaction.

As we cherish your experience at KuCoin, kindly inform us if the question has been settled?

Thank you in advance for your understanding. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!

================

Mar 31, 2022, 16:10 GMT+8

Dear Valued KuCoin User,

Thank you for reaching out to KuCoin customer support.

By checking the transaction record, your withdrawal has been managed successfully. The related record can be found on blockchain and the funds have been transferred to the wallet address which you specified.

Please be advised to contact the support team from the receiving party to get further assistance on funds transaction.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

KuCoin Customer Care and Support Team

1 Like

Finally, below is the response I just sent them. I do not know that posting this will help at all, but I think it is important to document how KuCoin is attempting to ignore the problem and make me go away.

==============================

Hello Pyrograin (very cool name btw),

Thank you for your response. I totally understand you guys have a lot on your plate and I am more than happy to be patient while we resolve this issue.

Unfortunately, this issue is NOT settled. You say that the technical team has confirmed the withdrawal has been managed successfully. This is different from the last support response, which said that the transaction was viewable on the blockchain. Neither response has provided me proof that the transaction occurred on the blockchain or proof that the withdrawal actually occurred. The only information I have received is a Transaction ID that is INVALID. It shows NO transaction.I have verified this fact with the blockchain maintainers. Until I receive a VALID transaction ID proving that this transaction actually occurred on the blockchain, then I can only conclude that KuCoin made a technical error during the time immediately prior to their turning off withdrawal for Dero due to the Stargate upgrade and are stealing these tokens from me.

I will continue to update the maintainers and community regarding this issue until I receive actual, valid proof of the transaction or the tokens or returned to my account. Furthermore, no funds have arrived at the wallet address I specified in the withdrawal. I have provided proof of this and will happily do so again.

Thank you so much for your assistance and I am sorry to be a pain, but it is incredibly important to me that the support team and technical team realize this is an edge case and that they cannot assume their normal means of evaluating the transaction will work. I suggest they start by providing me with the information I need to verify the transaction myself, on the blockchain, or otherwise return the funds.

Have a great day,

1 Like

I think maybe they sent the withdrawal on the wrong chain or did some thing wrong, but are unwilling to spend the time to figure out what really happened and are simply checking their internal CRM db and seeing that it was “completed” or whatever and not actually trying to figure out why I have not received the funds I withdrew. KuCoin is known for handling many low-cap coins that are going to have forks and upgrades all the time, so if this is how they handle an edge case like this then users need to beware, they may never receive their tokens!

Is there anything I can do to convince them that this transaction did not occur?
Is it possible for Dero support to reach out to KuCoin and let them know they have verified the info I have and that the withdrawal did not occur on the Atlantis chain and that the issue is on KuCoin’s end? Do they have that kind of relationship? I would be more than happy to provide evidence and screenshots once again.

Can you pls try to get TXID from Kucoin in App>withdrawal>dero>history and get a txid.

Here are the results of what you asked for, copied and pasted:

===================

Withdrawal Details

Time

2022/03/24 22:03:00

Status

Completed

Coin

DERO

Amount

Fees

Network

DERO

Address

dERokhcjSz6Lwnhg3Mx9YX9DVEwrSAiVcBbK1n5GtPYkW2VRDemo6jcRfBX3FtvawYH6xUX8b7wrTHiU8hnRSqTw7Rsmvndqcx

[image]

TxHash
78ba8e463456c8bf303d1e8620030b46871e4e6710d01631c6cbd819233250ab@0
http://explorer.dero.io/tx/78ba8e463456c8bf303d1e8620030b46871e4e6710d01631c6cbd819233250ab

======
of course, this transaction occurred on the old Atlantis chain (march 24th), so the actual link should be: DERO Atlantis BlockChain Explorer(v1)

However, neither shows a valid transaction.

2 Likes