One missing seed word

Hello!
I cannot recover my old wallet after the URL change because I am missing one seed word. (I have 24 of 25)
I have typed in the 24 I have and that gives me a new active wallet, but with a new 25th word (one of the same 24, but repeated) - and no coins.
No address match for the old address which I had transferred funds to, either.
I have found a bruteforce programme on Github, but I am unable to get it to run (on Go). I took iit to a computer bloke and he couldn’t get Go to run either.
What do I do? I have been going round in circles for 3 months and would be grateful to have this over with. It is obviously doing my head in.
Many thanks

The 25th word is the checksum. In DERO’s case, one of the 24 words is duplicated and is the last word.

Try putting every single word in the 25th position one at a time

Many thanks. It didn’t work, but it was worth a try! Thanks for helping!

1 Like

You could try checking every word in here derohe/english_mnemonics.go at main · deroproject/derohe · GitHub
Alternatively, you can compile these dero-tools and use the bruteforce tool to try to crack into it GitHub - Slixe/dero-tools: DERO Tools

Belated thanks! Sorry for being so rude. Option 2 is too technical for me, so am going through the mnemonics, which is a great help. I have had 2 words which fit in the seed (one once and one twice) Is there a clue in word length or position which I can use to narrow my search down?

Is there a time limit here, by the way? Many thanks again

Atlantis shuts down next month, around the 26th.

You have 25 words. One of them will be doubled, which will be randomly dispersed in the first 24 and will be the last word (25th word).

Good luck.

That is pretty bad news. What happens after that? Everything up in smoke? Already have a doubled word in the 24, so that is not the solution.
I tried to get the github thing going on Go, but can get neither to run and took it to a computer bloke who was also left scratching his head. Is there an idiot’s guide to doing this anywhere? It is miles beyond my abilities as they stand.

Recovering lost seed is not a simple problem. It is part of why seed phrases are used.

Can you confirm that my Dero will vanish on Aug 26th if I haven’t found the missing seed word? Thanks