Redplaza Marketplace

As announced in Redshift, here is my proposal for a decentralized marketplace that runs on Dero.
You can see the proposal (README.md file) and some of the code that has been written here: https://github.com/Peppinux/redplaza-dero-marketplace
It is still in the early phase of development, and that’s why all of you community members can give feedback and help make it better. Thanks.

7 Likes

@Peppinux , Redplaza marketplace is very good concept.
Feel free to contact for any support etc.

2 Likes

@DEVELOPER , Thank you Capt, I really appreciate it.

I’d like to have some feedback about one feature of the marketplace:
As explained in the proposal, products can be stored on-chain and off-chain.

• Storing them on-chain has the downside of costing gas and bloating the chain.
  • Storing them off-chain has the downside of relying on a third party, whether it is IPFS or a centralized server that stores the JSON data. This gives away some of the anonymity, since users fetching the list of off-chain products could be tracked, as the action would happen outside of the DERO NW. That wouldn’t be too big of a deal since VPNs exist and reading a list of products is not equal to buying them, but still.

What do you think about this?
Should I get rid of the on-chain inventory to prevent bloating?
Or instead, should I get rid of the off-chain inventory to prevent tracking?
Or am I good leaving them both as they are now and letting the users decide what’s best for them?

I’m asking Capt but, of course, input from everybody is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Storing on chain has costs and bloat issues. Better to store small size items like licenses/keys, urls, en/decryption-keys, contact info etc. on chain. For bigger sizes items better to use third party protocols/servers.

So better to have both options and let the users decides.

2 Likes

I’m curious if it would make sense to build your marketplace on Holochain (doesn’t have a coin/not a shill) and use Dero as the currency. I’m not a dev but it seems the Holochain framework might be able to do what your wanting as far as storage. If not them, “Pipe” is another interesting project being built on top of the IOTA project. I want to be very clear that i’m ONLY talking about their tech and not any coins. I’m very hopeful for the Dero project and all things built on top and I believe a marketplace is crucial. Thank you for all your hard work.