10,000 DERO Prize Pool
Winners of each round receive exclusive dARCH NFA Trophies
Categories and Challenges
The purpose of this challenge is to make a game that is not only fun but also utilize the DERO blockchain as part of it’s core functionality. Must use Unreal 5 or Unity game engines. Entries must use at least 2 of the below functions on the DERO blockchain. Among the functions utilized for the game, at least one must use DERO Services via websockets.
- In Game Items/Assets
- Player/Character Information
- Player Authentication
Deliverable : Functional game using Unreal 5/Unity and the DERO blockchain as part of core functionality.
Private Competition System
The purpose of this challenge it to create a way for gamers to create Private P2P competitions while utilizing smart contracts/services to manage them. The competition system does not need to interact directly with the game, only public API information. Users should not be required to be in the same match in order to participate. This approach should allow users to create competitions for any game without installing additional software.
- Must allow users to create custom competitions with a GUI
- Competitions must be able to have at least 2 options for a “win” scenario. (IE. most/least XYZ)
- Must be able to create public and private competitions
- Must be able to specify a time frame for length of competition
- Must track winnings of all participating users and payout prize pool when competition is complete.
- Must interact with at least 2 third party game APIs and games must include at least 2 of the following platforms:
- Playstation Games
- XboX Games
- Steam Games
Deliverable : Functioning smart contract or service running on the DERO blockchain.
The purpose of this challenge is simply to encourage and reward great artists and their creativity.
- Sets must be at least 20 unique items and must be registered assets on the DERO blockchain
- Can be in game assets, 2d/3d art or any other type of asset you can dream of
- Winner picked based on quality and use case, not quantity of assets
Deliverable : NFA Set registered on the DERO Blockchain
On-Chain Options and Futures
The purpose of this challenge is to create a defi system using on-chain data only. This creates a more secure way for people to speculate on something without using a bridge or oracle as a point of failure.
- Must provide at least 4 different types of options contracts or futures contracts.
- Must be derived from on-chain data (I.E. hashrate, difficulty, blocknumbers, TX numbers, etc.)
- no oracles or bridges
Deliverable : Functional futures/options contracts running on DERO Blockchain Smart Contracts
Education and Development Tools
The purpose of this challenge is to create a way for people to build basic smart contracts using a GUI/visual scripting based editor.
- Must include templates for at least 2 basic smart contract types
- Must support all DVMBASIC functions
- Must also include a built-in sandbox for basic testing on localhost
Deliverable : A visual scripting interface with a functional sandbox written in any language.
Customizable BBS Service
The purpose of this challenge is to create a guided setup for a BBS service that users can easily launch themselves to create their own communities on the blockchain.
- Must have a guided setup to enter service name, welcome message and other options as required.
- Must include at least 2 multi-user plug-in services that add to the functionality of the BBS.
- Example Plug-Ins : MUDs, Chess, Auction System, etc.
- Must include Integrated Address and QR code generator that can be used to interact with/join BBS
Deliverable : A functional BBS service with guided setup and plug-ins written in golang.
Hardware and IoT
The purpose of this challenge is to integrate DERO wallet support on a hardware wallet.
- Must support Ledger and Trezor
- Must also support DERO native assets
Deliverable : DERO wallet working on Trezor and Ledger.
- Must be open source
- Must work on minimal hardware such as a Raspberry Pi Zero/Arduino
- Must support DERO native assets
Deliverable : Working POC of an open source hardware wallet.
The purpose of this challenge is to create a guided setup for lightweight and easy to setup nodes as well as a firewall appliance with an integrated node.
- Must provide 3 options, 2 light nodes and 1 firewall based node
- Raspberry Pi (Raspbian or similar)
- Android (GrapheneOS)
- PFsense on BSD (NetBSD/FreeBSD)
- Must have guided/scripted setup with the following options :
- fast-sync : (yes/no)
- Node Pruning : (yes/no)
- Node type : (public/private)
- Wallet creation : (register/restore/none)
- Daemon/Wallet RPC : (enabled/disabled localnetwork/public)
- DNS options : Yes/No LAN_node_hostname
Deliverable : Standalone setup scripts and a bootable ISO/IMG file for each OS type
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
All entries must be have open source code available for review and previous dARCH entries are not eligible. Any categories or challenges that do not have any qualifying entries will be frozen along with their prizes. The frozen DERO and challenges will become a bounty after the dARCH competition has ended. On winner per challenge in Round 1 and one winner per category in Round 2. All entries considered for Round 1 however only Round 1 winners can progress to Round 2. All Round 2 winners will progress to Round 3 to compete the Grand Prize. Winners will be selected by the DERO team with heavy consideration from the community and votes. Payouts for round winners will be paid within ten days of round winner finalizations. All entries must provide a DERO wallet address in order to receive payouts. Any submissions for bounties should be preceded by a proposal before beginning work. These bounties will not be available until after dARCH competition has completed.