Low earnings when mining dero

Something is wrong with the dero network …
I have a 3.5MH/s mining farm and my own node based on VPS with public IP - according to the dero specification. With a blockchain of around 155,000, mining is 20-30 mini-blocks at HN around 5 GH/s, now (blockchain around 228,000, HN 7 GH / s) only 4-6 mini-blocks a day. It takes about 10 days.

Yesterday only 3 mini-blocks …

I will stay today … But tomorrow, with such a small profit, I switch miners to a different coins …

And on top of that, on one of the miners, I found this:

1 block and 2 mini blocks mined but probably not sent to daemon.
Wasted.

Another wasted mini-block. Not sent to the demon…

To the experts: what does the switched HN mean in the miner? (50-55 GH/s vs 5-6 GH/s)
In the picture above

Join the club. I moved my rigs onto Monero the other day after a week of not being paid for all the blocks found which eventually resulted in finding nothing at all for 48hrs.

The network is either broken on the latest core / miner releases or has been taken over by a huge farm or two rendering mining a waste of time and money for everybody else. The farms are even gobbling up the blocks that others are still managing to find so in effect they are stealing rewards from smaller miners. It’s a mess.

The devs need to fix this if they want the project to survive as centralized mining is no good for anybody in the long run.

Exactly. I was also mining in MO recently - the auto algorithm is a great thing. The dero was the most profitable there so I tried to mine the dero directly. At the beginning it was ok. Now it has broken down.
You will have to wait for the developers to fix the bugs and the digging will be profitable for everyone.

Yes the only problem is that so far support doesn’t seem to ackowledge that there is a problem with the mining. I guess we’ll just have to wait and hope they eventually do.

Several people like @mmarcel are analyzing mining in details in discord.
Let them analyze and report.

1 Like

Has the situation improved for anybody yet or is it still a case of people finding next to nothing?

Without the new version of the demon and miner, nothing will change … I tried 48 hours (April 26 and 27) with a mining power of 2.5MH / s and got two mini blocks …

1 Like

I tried it the other day for 24hrs (with release 74 the miner), found nothing at all - not even a rejected mini block.

I guess mining is completely dusted on DERO now then. What a shame.

I don’t mine here anymore.
I will wait for MO, C3 or other pools to include DERO in their multi algorithms.

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Even if they do add it the returns would be so bad it wouldn’t be worth putting your rigs on DERO.

You’re better off mining something else and then buying DERO with the mining income. I’m mining some shitcoin now instead which is bringing in about $6 a day. It would probably take me a month to earn that much mining DERO. So right now I could be buying 1 DERO everyday and still have change.

The mining on this network is a lost cause now sadly.

Working on it.
Pls share your suggestions: Developing POW Mining ALGO for CPU & GPU support with ASIC/FPGA resistance. · Issue #3 · deroproject/DIPS · GitHub

Yeah, I’m back to mining XMR on MO too. It was a good experiment to solo mine DERO. The result from my experiment was clear. It’s a waste of time and kWH. I’m looking forward to any positive developments.

2 Likes

Any idea on when these mining improvements will be in place? For me its been days of mining with multiple rigs and nothing. I hate to have to mine some shit coin but i may be left no choice.

POW changed , pls upgrade to latest release and use official miner for CPU only ATM to mine.
Releases · deroproject/derohe · GitHub

Any updates on solo mining performance since the bugfix? Is anyone still mining…

Maybe give us a try? We have set up a stratum mining pool First ever Stratum pool for DERO Stargate with 4% fee to give small miners a new opportunity and lower the fees from 9% a public DERO node charges to 4%.

All you have to do is to replace the default dero miner with our version with added stratum protocl support and launch it, assuming you are using Linux, with the following command:

dero-stratum-miner -r stratum+ssl://pool.whalesburg.com:4300 -w YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS

Pls run & mine on your own node & save all fees. No need to pay even 4%.
There is 0% fees on mining on your own node.
9% fees is forced on remote other nodes to encourage users to run their own nodes & thus help in decentralization too.

1] use derod-linux-amd64 --fastsync & your node will be up in 15 -20 mins time.
2] To run miner issue following cmd on same host:
./dero-miner-linux-amd64 --wallet-address Your_DERO_ADDRESS

For details to setup your DERO Node see DERO Node Setup.
For wallet setup see Create-Register/Restore wallet on DERO Stargate Network.

1 Like